Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Daeng Gi Meo Ri Hair Cleansing Treatment

Of all of the products in my July BNTNews beauty box, I was most excited over this shampoo treatment. And with good reason!


Name: Daeng Gi Meo Ri 댕기머리 Hair Cleansing Treatment 자담화 더 퍼스트
Price: ₩ 35,000 for 250 ml
Made in: Korea

The oriental medicine inspired formula is infused with White Ginseng to provide strength, Silk Extract for firmness and a herb complex to moisturise the hair. I am but naming a few of them, there's a whole host of beneficial ingredients to follow!

You know the scent that greets you when you walk into the cosmetics section of a department store or even their high end boutique counterparts? Well, this treatment smells exactly like that! The brand says that this is the fragrance of wild flowers but to me it just exudes 'atas'-ness (sorry, mangling both Malay and English here).


It comes out from the tube an uninteresting reddish brown blob. It looks and feels rather like a conditioner due to its paste-like texture, and how well it retains its shape but once water is added in, it lathers up like a regular shampoo.

It cleanses beautifully without stripping away natural oils, leaving my locks soft, silky and manageable. I am usually plagued by the need to scratch my scalp (despite being flake free!) and with this shampoo, the urge decreased. I have also started flinging my hair about (like a deranged person) because then I get a whiff of the awesome fragrance, haha!


I use a generous amount each time. I really shouldn't and the reason is twofold. Firstly the ₩ 35,000 price tag. Got to make the amount given stretch! Secondly, it lathers really well. So well that nigglings of doubt began surfacing... is the one ingredient that I refuse to tolerate nestled among the jumble of Korean characters on the box?

Indeed it is! 소듐라우레스설페이트, or Sodium Laureth Sulphate as we know it, is second out of forty two. I almost teared up after I was done translating. Daeng Gi Meo Ri, why do you do this to me?! Perhaps I should check out their website for sulphate free options now that my plan of buying backups have fallen by the wayside?


If you don't mind sulphates, go grab this cleansing treatment off the shelves! Your mane will love you for it. Me? I am just going to sit in this corner and mope...

The full ingredient list for Hair Cleansing Treatment:


Disclosure: BNTGirls sample. Head on over to BNTNews for more exciting news, may it be K-Beauty, K-Fashion or K-Pop!

1 comments :

Frl Schnee said...

Unfortunately, my hair got to dry using this, but it can't be because of the Sodium Laureth Sulphate since my regulary used Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo contains it, too. I received another shampoo from Daengi Meori and hopefully this one will work better.