Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Counter Malaysia At Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

Tucked in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur's Dining Loft, The Counter Malaysia is a little haven away from the hustle and bustle of my usual food haunts. The warm lighting and the hanging lights make for a cosy dinner setting (or lunch if that is your preference?).



The wait staff were friendly and attentive. It took a while (20 minutes or so) for them to prepare our order during peak hours but it was well worth the wait! Everything at The Counter is done to perfection, whether it is the succulent burgers, the delicious sweets or the perfect cuppa.



These are a small taste of the assortment of burgers that you can order out the 312,000 combinations! One glance at the menu was enough to tell me that the only outcome from this dinner was a serious food coma, haha! You can view the full menu here.


My burger - the Bacon² BBQ Burger! The beef was juicy with the slightest trace of pinkness. I can't take anything too rare so this degree of doneness is very much to my liking. It meshes beautifully with the bacon and the crispiness from the onion rings provided a nice crunch with every bite. By far the best burger I EVER had.


Upper left corner

The accompanying calorific buns are baked fresh by Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel. Delivered daily, they are fluffy yet dense. Yuuuum! I felt that the portion is a bit on the large side (disclaimer: I am not the biggest eater in the world) so take what I say with a grain of salt. But if I can finish it, so can you, although I was just about to burst at the seams.


We also feasted on the most heavenly fries! They come with sauces but give them a try without dipping into the sauces first.


The Cheddar Cheese Fries Clear have a clear cheese taste but they can get a little cloying after a while. A favourite of mine, the Sweet Sriracha Fries, were incredibly addictive and shall delight those looking for a hint of spiciness.

The Sweet Potato Fries got better with every bite. The Crispy Onion Strings had a sweetness that made them simply irresistible. It may interest you to know that these potatoes and sweet potatoes are imported all the way from the US. Only the best will do for The Counter Malaysia!


If that wasn't enough... dessert was mind-blowingly scrumptious. We had the Caramel + Chocolate Brownie (warm gooey brownie centred with ice cream that melted in the mouth) and the Key Lime Pie (tart tangy flavours that bloomed on the tongue). They really are what dreams are made of. Boy, was I glad that I saved some room for a final sweet course!


I managed to have something that wasn't sinful and it was this Orangaberry smoothie. Made from a blend of fruits and fat free vanilla yoghurt (to add creaminess to the drink), it didn't feel substantial thanks to the sourness from the orange.



The Counter Malaysia is a place I will 100% return just to continue working my way through the burger menu. I think you will have a fantastic time should you stop by! Now if only I could stop drooling over the Bacon² BBQ Burger...

Address:
Lot 7.01.01, Dining Loft,
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur,
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Telephone:
03-2856 0240

Hours:
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/counterpavilionmall

0 comments :