Saturday, July 4, 2015

Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask

Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask has got to be one of the most awesome clay masque I EVER had the pleasure of using and it is not because of the awesome ingredient list (6,020 mg of Jeju Volcanic Clay and plant extracts such as Satsuma, Orchid and Green Tea) even though it plays a major part.


Name: Innisfree 이니스프리 Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask 수퍼 화산송이 클레이 무스 마스크
Price: ₩ 19,000 for 100 ml
Made in: Korea

Not only does it unclog pores (deep cleansing), it spot treats (calms blemishes), brightens (revitalises dull skin) and softens (baby smooth skin). It is also mild enough for regular usage (the brand recommends 1-2× weekly) and does not dry out or irritate my skin.


This mask is a thick and creamy mousse that glides on very easily. As with all clay masks, it is recommended that you apply a thick layer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Remember not slather the mask everywhere unless it is absolutely necessary and restrict it to the regions of the T-zone and chin.


Unlike a lot of clay masks out there, Innisfree's version is pretty bearable on the nose - earthy yet metallic - and is pretty much negligible (for me at least). It is like they figured that they would desist from torturing our olfactory senses while they whack all the impurities out of our skins.


To top it all, this mask comes in a handy aerosol can. No more digging around with fingers and worrying about hygiene issues! Getting this mask from an Innisfree outlet for RM 70 was one of the best decisions I ever made in my journey for beautiful skin!

The full ingredient list for Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask:
Water, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Volcanic Ash, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Alcohol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Cellulose, Palmitic Acid, Bentonite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Lactic Acid, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Nitrogen.

6 comments :

vickygrim said...

aww, it look really nice, I love the mousse presentation and the no smell formula. I have to try it :D Thanks for the review <3

Nawael said...

Just bought it yesterday - I got the second version though because my skin has been very sensitive lately. I hope it works!

Bijin Blair said...

It does smell of something (earthy and metallic), but I don't find it annoying? Which is why I omitted it entirely from my mind... so sorry about this! Gotta edit my review before I mislead more people!

Bijin Blair said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!


I may want to try that one out once I am done with this. We can never have too many clay masks, haha!

Sylvia said...

Hi, have you ever tried the jar version of this clay mask? Planning to buy it, but I heard some youtuber said mousse version is not as good as the jar one, as it less feel exfoliated? Clean?

Bijin Blair said...

Hey Sylvia! No I haven't actually. I have never even thought of getting the jar version, but your comment might just be the impetus for me to get my hands on it.