Friday, July 15, 2016

Kicho Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA+++

A few months ago I raved about the Sheep Oil Cream from Kicho and now I am back with another one of their offerings, the Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream.


Name: Kicho 키초 Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream 울트라 모이스처라이징 선크림 SPF50+ PA+++
Price: ₩ 36,000 for 50 ml
Made in: Korea

Besides the usual suspects to keep UV rays at bay, this sunscreen also contains nutritional bean extracts alongside a patented blend of 7 natural ingredients to soothe and moisturise the skin.


The smell takes me through a vast expense of chemically enhanced greenery - not that I am complaining because it is far better than the typical sunscreen fragrance, haha! The texture is a light, milky cream. It leaves a film on my skin, much like how a facial oil would do.


Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream is rich enough that I can jump straight into it right after my toner. My face feels very comfortable, and not stripped or tight when this is the only thing I wear. It is not the airiest sunscreen that I have used nor is it as thick as goo... it lies somewhere in between.

The one downside to this sunscreen, for me at least, is the certainty that it will cause my eyes to water after an hour or so. It must be something in the label that I am not meshing with! For now it is remaining in rotation (one of the many perils of having too many things open at once) but I try to keep it as far from my eye area as possible.


Are you going to brave this sunscreen? It is sold at Whole Foods Market in Time Warner Center New York, SaSa outlets in Singapore, Lotte Department Store (Gangnam Branch) Seoul, and kichoshop.com.

The full ingredient list for Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA+++:
Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Octocrylene, Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Silica, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycine Soja (Soybean), Phytoplacenta Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Eruca Sativa Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Sprout Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Sprout Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol.

Disclosure: BNTGirls sample. Head on over to BNTNews for more exciting news, may it be K-Beauty, K-Fashion or K-Pop!

2 comments :

Jeann Liew said...

the packaging is really interesting but the sound of the texture is still not as light as I had hoped for from a sunscreen. I usually like my sunscreen a tad more watery and airy. This is sounds more like the ones I have used before, like it but not exactly totally in love with it, just yet. I am still in search for that perfect sunscreen *_^ haha

Is it waterproof?

Bijin Blair said...

Hey Jeann! I can't find any mention of it on the back of the box, so I believe that it isn't waterproof. If it is, Kicho would shout this fact out from the rooftops right? Haha!