Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Etude House Color Pop Review: Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk (Color Pop), Color Pop Shine Tint

Etude House celebrates the arrival of summer with the Color Pop collection, which consists of the season's trendiest hue - orange.


Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk (Color Pop)


Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk (Color Pop) 디어 마이 블루밍 립스-톡 (컬러팝) OR217 Finally Orange 마침내 오렌지
Price: ₩ 8,500 for 3.4 g
Made in: Korea

OR217 is a medium, leaning on brown shade of orange; the term burnt orange comes to mind when I look at it. It has good colour payoff and I need no more than two swipes or so to achieve even, full coverage. It is a matte with a sheen.



As with all Etude House lipsticks, it is imbued with the loveliest apricot scent. It sucks all the moisture out of my lips and bleeds into lip lines; a lip balm is a must in order to wear this lipstick.


You came to the right place if you like orange lipsticks. There is a good variety of trendy hues across the Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk (Color Pop) range:


Color Pop Shine Tint


Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Color Pop Shine Tint 컬러팝 반짝 틴트 2 Sunny Pop 써니 팝
Price: ₩ 8,500 for 7 g
Made in: Korea

2 Sunny Pop is a scarlet red with yellow undertones. It goes on smoothly and feels weightless on the lips without being sticky or tacky. For a tint, it wears off fairly quickly. It only lasts a maximum of two hours (after drinking, snacking, licking etc) on me.



This highly opaque tint can be worn sheer or to its maximum potential. It is extremely easy to even out the tone of the lips with this tint. As expected from an Etude House lip product, it is infused with a faint apricot scent that goes away once applied.

Drying would not be the word I would use to describe this tint because it simply is not true. Nevertheless, it does not impart moisture, which is the reason why a lip balm is needed under the stain for extra smoothing and plumping but you may ditch it if you wished to.


The other shades available are variations of orange:



(Source: Promotional images are from etude.co.kr/)

Disclosure: Pink Bird samples.

6 comments :

C H I Q E S S said...

Wow, all these shades of orange does look super daring haha. Apricot looks nice! :D

LauraLeia said...

I'm not one for orange lip products, but the Color Pop Shine Tints (pink range) are calling my name.

MUST. RESIST. TEMPTATION. T___T

Makeup Morsels said...

omg so cute! I adore the packaging of that lipstick, and the finish is perfect for summer too. Gonna go break out my oranges and corals now :D

Suki said...

I love the Might not be orange from the first set of photos! And orange is supposed to be very trendy this summer too. By the way, Etude House makes really lovely colour shades!

lovechanriya said...

I have a similar color from the etude house but just different names, it's also orange but once its applied on my lips its a bit sheer, I wanted something that is really pigmented and bright orange. Overall, the packaging does look cute!

Mizu said...

the tint looks awesome..i need to control myself from buying any lippies though...haha