Friday, September 28, 2018

Mamonde Rose Water Toner

The Bulgarian roses used in this Rose Water Toner are gathered from the village of Turia in the Valley of Roses of South-Eastern Bulgaria, where the harvest period only lasts a measly 30 days (May 15th to June 15th).


Name: Mamonde 마몽드 Rose Water Toner 로즈워터 토너
Price: ₩ 15,000 for 250 ml
Made in: Korea

Although high temperatures are typically used, Mamonde went for low temperature and high pressure conditions to minimise damages due to heat, thereby maintaining the integrity of the rose hydrosol (a by-product of the steam distillation process). 90.97% of the Rose Water Toner consists of this hydrosol, while solvents, emulsifiers and preservatives make up the rest.

The first thing I noticed was the beautiful scent. Some may find roses cloying. As for myself, nothing makes me happier than to smother myself in this stuff from head to toe. Well, each to their own! I noticed that my skin was getting better at retaining moisture after a week or so. Even the area around my nose, eyes and forehead have ceased feeling tight and stripped.


I have been floundering no thanks to my dry skin because I was not prepared for this to happen - I have always suffered from oily skin, so this is a whole new ballgame for me. I think it is safe to assume that rose water is the remedy for a lot of ailments, between its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, moisturising and soothing properties.

This infusion doesn't curb oiliness or mattify the skin in any way, but it is soothing and calming and provides the refreshment that I need in this hot and humid weather. In fact, my skin feels strangely moisturised after using it so every now and then I have been skipping moisturiser altogether!


Fancy the sound of it? This 250 ml bottle is priced at RM 85 on lazada.com.my.

The full ingredient list for Rose Water Toner:
Damask Rose Extract, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Purified Water, Sucrose, Rosehip Fruit Extract, Indoleacetic Acid.

1 comments :

Rick said...

Hello!!! I visited my old blog today for the first time in years and that reminded me to visit yours. I hope you're doing well.