Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Ordinary EUK 134 0.1%

I added The Ordinary's EUK 134 0.1% to my cart once I read that it 'regenerates itself to offer round-the-clock antioxidant support'. Seriously, how amazing is that?!



Name: The Ordinary EUK 134 0.1%
Price: US$ 8.80 for 30 ml
Made in: Canada

EUK 134 mimics two natural skin enzymes: superoxide dismutase and catalase. These enzymes dismutate superoxide radicals and break down hydrogen peroxides to harmless molecules, consequently preventing free radical formation. The Ordinary claims it to be one of the strongest antioxidants, especially in the 0.1% concentration they use.

Like Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (reviewed here), EUK 134 0.1% leaves an oily residue that doesn't go away no matter what I do. Unlike Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%, EUK 134 0.1% doesn't play well with acidic solutions, so I would use anything with an ingredient that niggles me at different times of the day or week. Y'know, just to make sure they don't cancel each other out.


Reassuring brown hue

As usual, it is hard to judge its efficacy because it doesn't show immediate results (aside from smoother skin) but I am confident that future me would thank me for being so diligent with preventive skincare. Fingers crossed that I won't have much to repair and reverse!

For those who find the consistency hard to swallow, you can dilute it with Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA, 100% Plant-Derived Squalane or any of the moisturisers you have on hand. Buy at theordinary.com.

The full ingredient list for EUK 134 0.1%:
Propanediol, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride.

0 comments :