Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara

Etude House claims that Lash Perm All Shockcara provides
☑ Shocking volume
☑ Shocking curls
☑ Shocking long lashes
☑ Shocking waterproof


Lets see how I fared!

Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Lash Perm All Shockcara 래쉬펌 올 쇼크 카라
Price: ₩ 11,000 for 10 g
Made in: Korea

In contrast to the stubby tube, the Pink Tornado brush is slim and made of plastic with lots of tapered spikes. It distributes the formula easily, leaving lashes separated. The formula is on the wet thus heavy side, which results in drooping curls - so that is one claim down.


Lash Perm All Shockcara gives a clean albeit underwhelming finish with a single coat that tragically mutates to a spidery effect when piled with multiple coats. As you can see, it defines and volumises my lashes. It does lengthen slightly, but the outcome is nothing to brag about.

Without:


With:


To exacerbate matters, it transfers under my eyes... the combination of heat, humidity and oily lids is just too much for this poor mascara to handle.


In addition, it slides off easily during a shower. The upside? I don't even need to break out a separate eye makeup remover. The downside? Water loosening this mascara's adhesion to the lashes means that it does not live up to its claim of being waterproof.


It is a shame that the formulation and I have a disastrous chemistry, I really wanted to love this mascara. Do you own Lash Perm All Shockcara? Let me know how you get on!

The full ingredient list for Lash Perm All Shockcara:
Acrylates Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Beeswax, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG-15 Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Silica, Ethanol, Polysorbate 20, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tromethamine, Sodium Metaphosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate.

(Source: Promotional images are from facebook.com/etude.gl)

Disclosure: Pink Bird sample.

15 comments :

나니 said...

I know this is rather irrelevant.. but your eyebrows are perfect D:

Huong said...

Oh no! This mascara looks so good. I think I would have bought it if I hadn't read your review! :) The Etude House waterpoof mascara in a blue tube is a really good mascara- it lives up to its claim: waterproof!

http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/



x

Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie said...

It's just too bad that you didn't love it - It's a pretty cute little wand.

emtha said...

Oh, what a shame it didn't live up to any of its claims!! The packaging is cute, but not cute enough to make up for an inferior product :-/

Michelle Bugante said...

Argh, too bad this mascara didn't live up to your expectations :( It's cute so I understand why you wanted to like it. For me, a waterproof mascara is a must because I live in a tropical country. So far, Maybelline mascaras worked best for me :)

Cheryl Zamora said...

Too bad they didn't live up to what they're claiming. I've seen that mascara somewhere too and almost tempted to buy. Good thing I didn't.

Donah @ SweetJellyBean said...

Love the wand on this mascara, would have thought that it would do a great work, too bad you're having issues with it though :(

Somdyuti said...

Loved the post. Great review. The mascara looks great. Since I wear glasses 24*7, I always make it a point to highlight my lashes! <3

Gina Bestari said...

I'm sorry but some people love the clumps on their eyelashes but its not my cup of tea...

claire s said...

disappointing :(
Im always on the look out for new mascaras as i keep finding ones that dont stay on too!
#GIG
claire
xx
http://pennyforthem1.blogspot.co.uk

Eyah said...

I'm a fan of etude.. but I haven't tried any of their mascara :)

Carizza Chua said...

thanks for the unbiased review. i'd love to check the product too as i love the packaging but reading this one might change my mind..

Kajsa Josephine Andersen said...

Your review makes me wanna steer away from this product. Thanks for such an honest approach :))

Natasha said...

Sucks, that the mascara didn't do what it claimed. Your eyebrows are amazing.

cindy tong said...

i love the packaging though...but ermm too bad its not waterproof!