Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hanskin Super Snail BB Cream SPF30 PA++

I fell for Super Snail BB Cream at first sight: the hefty white bottle, the frosted cap, and the gold dispenser are simply swoon worthy. Why wasn't I acquainted with Hanskin sooner?!


Name: Hanskin 한스킨 Super Snail BB Cream 수퍼 달팽이 비비크림 SPF30 PA++
Price: ₩ 32,000 for 50 g
Made in: Korea

The Super Snail BB Cream is made up of 300,000 ppm snail mucus extract and botanical ingredients known as Angel Food to provide intensive hydration and minimise external irritation.


This BB Cream conforms to the old school band of BB creams with its creamy yet fluid consistency. It provides just the right amount of coverage (medium) to even out my skin and correct bits of redness, so that if I want to, I can forgo dabbing concealer (because the natural look is in and my dark circles are so raccoon-like that nothing will ever cover it).


Without


With

It wears well but it creases along the nasolabial folds (I yap non-stop) - I always slip off to the washroom after lunch so I usually take my time there to smooth everything out with a sponge wedge. Using this also made my T-zone oil up faster than usual (people clutch their wallets; I am armed with my blotter). I can hold these problems in check with a powder but aren't BB creams supposed to shorten my routine?


Anyways, the shade is another part where it goes wrong for me. It is just too pale and too grey! For others, it might be fine but for me it spells disaster. I have long given up and came to terms with the fact that BBs and I shall never get along... perhaps I have been looking in the wrong place the whole time? Are western BBs the way to go?

The full ingredient list for Super Snail BB Cream SPF30 PA++:
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Talc, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Calcium Stearate, Ozokerite, Hexyl Laurate, Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Silica, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Root Extract, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Adenosine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

Disclosure: BNTGirls sample. Head on over to BNTNews for more exciting news, may it be K-Beauty, K-Fashion or K-Pop!

1 comments :

Pinks (@naturelbellefemme) said...

Another great review. You saved my bucks as this is grey toned. Thank you :-)