Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Too Cool For School Art Class By Rodin

I had some time to kill after the Aveda Lifestyle Salon opening on August 26th, so I found myself at Sephora admiring the Too Faced Cocoa Contour. Lo and behold, a contouring trio materialised on my doorstep a week later. Tell me again that the peeps over at BNTNews are not psychics?!


Name: Too Cool For School 투쿨포스쿨 Art Class by Rodin 아트클래스 바이 로댕
Price: ₩ 16,000
Made in: Korea

This shading powder borrows its name from Auguste Rodin. I thought it was very clever of Too Cool For School for the nod to the great French sculptor (since you are essentially sculpting your face when you contour). You may recognise his work; one of them is called Le Penseur or more famously known in English as The Thinker!


You may be a newbie to contouring (like myself) or an old hand at it, but I find a good step-by-step guide will never go amiss:

(Source: toocoolforschool.com/)

The finely milled powder blends beautifully and seamlessly. The pigmentation isn't too crazy on this, which is a boon for beginners. You will have to pile the product on for defined cheekbones à la Kim Kardashian. Haha! A couple of swirls with a fluffy brush does it for me and I use the same brush to blend it out.


It is on the warmer side, so steer clear of it if you prefer your contours cool. I wish Too Cool For School would give us a variety of shades instead of the one to please the masses. I for one would like to see something in the vein of Chanel's Notorious - now, wouldn't that be fun?

Disclosure: BNTGirls sample. Head on over to BNTNews for more exciting news, may it be K-Beauty, K-Fashion or K-Pop!

0 comments :