Friday, April 22, 2016

Kicho Sheep Oil Cream

Hello, hello, hello! At last, a review from me because I simply could not wait to share about this baa baa beauty treat. Y'know, the making of this post has been fraught with difficulties - I accidentally wiped away my first set of photos - and it certainly taught me not to be so gung ho with the 'Empty Recycle Bin' option, haha!


Name: Kicho 키초 Sheep Oil Cream 양유크림
Price: ₩ 58,000 for 65 ml
Made in: Korea

Formulated with Lanolin from Germany and a blend of eight berries (Raspberry, Strawberry, Acai Palm, Goji Berry, Sea Buckthorn, Blackberry, Blueberry and Cranberry), Sheep Oil Cream works to regenerate, retain and prevent premature skin ageing.


The rich, balmy cream feels almost like the horse oil cream that I have been using. But this is where the resemblance ends. It has a higher absorbance rate (no matter how much is used!), making it less burdensome (a word that is widely used in the K-Beauty world!) on the skin.


Due to the presence of silicones, I would recommend using it in the morning so it can act as a primer of sorts. The silicones help the cream to glide easily, while the oils nourishes - so there is no tacky feel at all - leaving skin velvety soft. While my skin looks plumper and dewier, I didn't exactly notice a difference to the depth of my wrinkles? But I am only three weeks in, and I have three-quarters of the jar to go before I can form a conclusion!


One of the best things about this cream (aside from the gorgeous packaging) is the scent! The lightly scented lemony cream is a treat to the senses and nothing about it is funky or like a dish washing liquid. I have used lanolin based products in the past and they all emanated a weird odour.


Kicho's Sheep Oil Cream is sold offline at Whole Foods Market in Time Warner Center New York; SaSa outlets in Singapore; Lotte Department Store (Gangnam Branch) Seoul; and online at kichoshop.com for US$ 58.

The full ingredient list for Sheep Oil Cream:
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-7 Dimethicone, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Sea Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), PEG-100 Stearate, CI 19140, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Ceramide 3, Dipeptide-Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Totarol, Decylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, CI 15985, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Medica Vulgaris Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolla (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil.

Disclosure: BNTGirls sample. Head on over to BNTNews for more exciting news, may it be K-Beauty, K-Fashion or K-Pop!

2 comments :

Frl Schnee said...

I just wrote my reviews for this yesterday and I absolutely love this cream! And since it contains Lanolin I'm a big fan anyways.

Bijin Blair said...

Hello, lovely! I suppose it helps that Kicho sourced its lanolin from Germany? Haha! Jokes aside, have you tried horse based products? Do you prefer sheep based products over them?