Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Etude House Princess Happy Ending Review: Fairy Glitter Shadow, Rose Cheek Blusher, Apple Red Lips, Jasmine Nail Kit

The Princess Happy Ending collection literally blew my socks off. How could it not, when it whisks the whimsy of Disney and the creativity of Etude House in one breath?



Princess Happy Ending Fairy Glitter Shadow



Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Princess Happy Ending Fairy Glitter Shadow 프린세스 해피엔딩 페어리 글리터 섀도우 #1 Pink Glass Heels 핑크유리구두
Price: ₩ 8,000 for 4.5 g
Made in: Korea

#1 Pink Glass Heels 핑크유리구두 is a vibrant muted fuchsia. The pigmentation is great and it almost looks metallic when I apply it. To its credit, it is easily blended out for a more subtle look.


If it was toned down slightly (aka less glittery), I would be all over it. That said, the neutral shades are calling my name because the formulation is to die for. And if I may say so myself, the product brings L'Oréal's Infallible Eyeshadows to mind. Would anyone who has tried them both kindly make a comparison?


Princess Happy Ending Rose Cheek Blusher



Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Princess Happy Ending Rose Cheek Blusher 프린세스 해피엔딩 로즈 치크 블러셔
Price: ₩ 9,000 for 4.8 g
Made in: Korea

#1 Pink Shine Rose 핑크빛 로즈 gives a natural, impossible to overdo, cute pink iridescent flush. It is maddeningly sheer, just like its predecessor, the Lock'n Summer Cushion Blusher.


Given the fancy box, I thought that the Etude House team would also place an emphasis on the packaging for the product itself. The wholly plastic ensemble lowered the heft and also made the compact feel cheap (sorry, not sorry). If a mirror was added, the situation could have been salvaged slightly. Slightly being the key word here.


Princess Happy Ending Apple Red Lips



Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Princess Happy Ending Apple Red Lips 프린세스 해피엔딩 애플레드 립스
Price: ₩ 9,000 for 3.5 g
Made in: Korea

Despite what your eyes are telling you, Apple Red Lips is a rosy red, much like a Pacific Rose apple (below) instead of the pictured Red Delicious (above). So sorry for this, my camera refuses to work with reds!


It feels light, moisturising and gives the lips a juicy shine. It does all these without compromising on colour payoff because the pigment shows up very well. If you are on my wavelength lipstick wise then please do ensure that you give it a look. I will most definitely pick up more of this and perhaps Purple Rose Lips as well?


Princess Happy Ending Jasmine Nail Kit



Name: Etude House 에뛰드하우스 Princess Happy Ending Jasmine Nail Kit 프린세스 해피엔딩 쟈스민 네일키트
Price: ₩ 6,500 for 1 box (8 ml ×2)
Made in: Korea

The Jasmine Nail Kit is equipped with a gorgeous dark teal polish (#1 Antique Mint 앤틱민트) and a glittery bronze polish (#2 Magic Lamp 매직램프).


Their quality is consistent with Etude House's regular nail polish lineup, in which one is able to achieve maximum opacity with three coats. They are accompanied by a nail sticker sheet featuring charming configurations of golden lamps and swirls.


Like? You can buy them from the newly launched etudehouse.com!

(Source: Promotional images are from etude.co.kr/)

Disclosure: Pink Bird samples.

5 comments :

LauraLeia said...

Oooh, I didn't know there was a blusher too! It doesn't look as cute as the other products though. :P
Now I'm really contemplating getting the lipstick. The shade is so pretty! I like the Cinderella nail polish combo too. :3

Birkinbagbeauty said...

Ohhh, the eyeproducts remind me of Armani! I really miss Etude House and I love the idea of the fairytales. I mean, all girls were raised with these fantasies and secretly expect them to happen...

Yoannita90 said...

Ohh i love everything! All the swatches and packaging are darn beautiful! Love the combo of nail polishes!!

Gen-zel said...

Ohhhh my super duper pretty especially the packaging. My fave would be Belle because I'm a huge fan of pinks :D the Belle lipstick is so pretty!!! I hope these are also available here already so I can check :)

Ahleessa said...

I thought I left a comment for this post. I guess not. :/ I love the collection especially the blush. The packaging is to die for!