Thursday, July 10, 2014

Charmzone New Control Cream

Have you seen New Control Cream around and wondered what it does? From the blurb, I managed to gather that it melts impurities and maintains the skin's natural balance of oils and moisture, leaving it clean and resilient against external aggressors.


Name: Charmzone 참존 New Control Cream 뉴 콘트롤크림
Price: RM 190 for 200 g + 50 g
Made in: Korea

This exfoliating cream is rounded up by a whole host of beneficial ingredients, from Sodium Hyaluronate to Bifida Ferment Lysate and Saccharomyces Polypeptide (the latter is making waves in the Korean beauty scene). I was not that keen on the cream at first due to the existence of mineral oil but I changed my mind when I learnt more. Its bad rap precedes it!


Comes with a baby travel sized 50 g tube

After introducing it to my routine, I hardly had any trouble with hormonal breakouts and even when I did face them, they ripened so quickly that I was able to extract them with minimal damage. My skin also looked clearer and felt supple - none of its usual taut and tight appearance if I forgo a layer of serum or moisturiser.


I discovered that leaving the cream for 30 minutes or so (way longer than the recommended 2 - 4 minutes) activates its sebum regulating function. You need not let it sit as long as myself, so play around with it to trigger its optimum potential. Shine is greatly reduced (one can only wish that it is totally suppressed), which is the whole aim of this exercise.


It forms eraser-like shavings when I massage it (you will be familiar with this phenomenon if you own a peeling gel). It is suggested that we tissue off once we are done admiring the gunk. I usually rinse everything off (and then proceed with my skincare routine aka toner and the works) because it seems the more hygienic thing to do. Haha!


It is something worth checking out if you can overlook the RM 190 price tag. You can purchase it from hishop.my/charmzone.

The full ingredient list for New Control Cream:
Water, Mineral Oil, Butylene Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Carbomer, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Milk Protein, Saccharomyces Polypeptide, Triethanolamine, Alcohol, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate.

Disclosure: Press sample.

3 comments :

Lena L said...

Ah, this is such a classic! Every Korean girl has a tube somewhere in the house. I've gone through more than a few myself. The residue is actually a bit gimmicky but very satisfying to see. I like using this in winter! :)

Bijin Blair said...

Sweetie, do you know of an alternative to this cream? Surely Charmzone isn't the only brand with a Control Cream?

Lena L said...

Charmzone is the original and this cream is the thing that brought the fame to the brand. I've seen similar cream from Amore Mamonde for example, and I think almost every roadshop brand from Korea has some version of it. :)