Thursday, May 12, 2011

Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum

Just when I though that I stopped getting breakouts, I started breaking out again (- ω -) It is most probably my food intake, been eating lots of unhealthy food lately. Back to the topic, it's nothing crazy but still VERY annoying since these scars take time to fade.

One product that caught my eye was the Intensive Spot Targeting Serum by Shiseido's White Lucent line. The name itself sounded very promising!


Name: Shiseido 資生堂 White Lucent ホワイトルーセント Intensive Spot Targeting Serum インテンシブ スポットターゲティング セラム
Price: RM 410 for 30 ml
@cosme rating: 4.9
Release date: 1.2.2010

The RM 410 (≈ US$ 128) price tag is rather hefty but I would pay this amount and more for something that delivers, and this product does that.


It has all these marvelous ingredients, m-Tranexamic Acid, 4MSK, Vitamin C and Yomogi Extract to eliminate pesky spots and brighten your skin. At the moment, I'm not in the position to tell if it brightens my skin as I have only used it for one week all over my face before switching to using it on only my problem areas. I will definitely use it all over again I'm done diminishing dark spots in hopes of becoming Snow White *dreams*

It also promises to work on visible spots by a short two weeks. An assortment of old and new scars. Red for new and brown for old haha!



My after shots are after four weeks.



I noticed decent results on new scars after a few days. But I opted to test it out for a longer period before writing my review. The last thing I want is for my face to stop responding to the serum after two weeks and thus misleading you guys.

It's obvious from the pictures that it's excellent at obliterating newer scars, however it doesn't work as well on the old ones.. I do notice that they are slightly lighter though, which is fairly impressive when compared to other whitening serums; they don't show any results at all on these spots.

Aesthetically pleasing and hygienic pump bottle packaging.


It has a weightless texture and smells strongly of alcohol. I adore how fluid this serum is and the way it feels on my skin, it gets rapidly absorbed and feels mildly hydrating.


All in all, I would recommend the Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum if you need something that effectively lightens your spots. It is sold at Shiseido counters worldwide.

The full ingredient list for Intensive Spot Targeting Serum:
Water, SD-Alcohol 40B, Glycerin, PEG-15, Tranexamic Acid, Cetyl Ehthylhexanoate, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Potassium Methoxysalicylate, Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Lauryl Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, 2-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Metabisulfite, Limonene, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Benzoate, Serine, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate.

Disclosure: Press samples.

4 comments :

Blair said...

I should try this on my dark spots!

Blair said...

Everybody talking about White Lucent. LOL. damnnn you guyss! I don't use Shiseido (as they test on animals) but I still read the reviews.. I'm weird like that xD

Lidia Zohar-Berkovits said...

Hi, thank you for the review :) I love your posts. I have another product from shiseido which claim to do the same action, it's called White Lucency Concentrated Brightening Serum Anti-Dark Spots. It's confusing that the everywhere in the world there are different products from the same brand which claim to do the same action...I wonder why...

Blair said...

I'm guessing there is an added complexity with
international markets. The message can vary significantly between countries and cultures.