Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nestle Kit Kats: Beni Imo, Blueberry Cheesecake, Hojicha, Strawberry Cheesecake

I have a love-hate relationship with rainy days on weekends, on one hand it makes the hot weather much more bearable, on the other, it forces me to stay indoors.

Anyways... after spending another weekend at home because of the rain, I ended up with a boxful of Japanese confectionery from napaJapan.

My goodies arrived super quickly!!! This impressed me so much, it was incredibly fast even for EMS shipping. I liked how everything reached me intact and the boxes weren’t squashed at all.

On to my review! (^ ω ^)

Beni Imo/ Purple Sweet Potato



Name: Nestlé Kit Kat Beni Imo
Price: US$ 2.49
Contents: 12.3 g
Release date: 13.9.2010
Sales area: Okinawa/ Kyushu regions

Those who have tasted the Roasted Sweet Potato flavour (reviewed here) will feel a jolt of recognition. They taste fairly similar! They also have the same white chocolate base where the only variation is Nestlé coloured this flavour in a pretty lavender shade.


Blueberry Cheesecake



Name: Nestlé Kit Kat Blueberry Cheesecake
Price: US$ 2.49
Contents: 12.3 g
Release date: 13.9.2010
Sales area: Koshin area (Nagano and Yamanashi Prefectures)

The blueberry flavour married so well with the white chocolate base. My mouth salivates just thinking about this kit kat bar!!

It is pretty faithful to its name, it tastes lightly of blueberry and not forgetting a generous helping of sweet cream cheese. It is so creamy and utterly palatable!

This flavour is my favourite amongst the four reviewed in this entry ♥♥♥


Hojicha



Name: Nestlé Kit Kat Hojicha
Price: US$ 2.49
Contents: 12.3 g
Release date: 13.9.2010
Sales area: Kansai region

An established tea maker specializing in Uji tea, Itoh Kyuemon, collaborated with Nestlé for this hojicha flavoured kit kat. Hojicha is a type of green tea that is rendered brown by roasting over charcoals.

This kit kat has got a wonderful rich fragrance, the aroma reminded me of caramel. The hojicha flavour was nutty and toasty without being bitter and it merged magnificently with the white chocolate bar. I’m devastated that I only got two fingers to try, it is remarkably good!


Strawberry Cheesecake



Name: Nestlé Kit Kat Strawberry Cheesecake
Price: US$ 2.49
Contents: 12.3 g
Release date: 13.9.2010
Sales area: Kanto region

Another cheesecake flavour! They were even released at the same time (but in different regions).

The outer shell is made from white chocolate (my favourite)! Unlike its blueberry cousin, the strawberry one has an artificial aftertaste. I am on the fence with this flavour, I thought that the other strawberry kit kat that I ate a while ago was much better comparatively but it isn't terrible per se.


Got more kit kat reviews coming up, so please stay tuned! And thanks for reading (^ ω ^)

(Source: Promotional images are from d.nestle.jp/)

0 comments :