Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sonia Rykiel Lipstick AC Review, Swatches, LOTD

The Lipstick AC range was recently discontinued and any information on it was removed from the official Sonia Rykiel website. The picture below is courtesy of Google Cache haha~

(Source: soniarykiel-cosmetics.com/; Translation provided by Google Translator)

Packaging: Stripey golden beige, bronze and charcoal tubes.


Scent: Melon scent – it is remarkably similar to YSL Rouge Pur lipsticks → perhaps this is a high end French thing (^ ω ~)

Colour: The colours that I possess are 18, unknown (I'm inclined to believe that it is 19) and 23.


18 is a matte rosy pink. It has the best texture and colour payoff out of the three that I own.


Name: Sonia Rykiel ソニア リキエル Lipstick リップスティック AC 18
Price: ¥ 3,300 for 4 g
@cosme rating: 4.9
Release date: 25.8.2006



19 is a shimmery muted coral. It has a decent texture, not as creamy as 18 but not as dry as 23.


Name: Sonia Rykiel ソニア リキエル Lipstick リップスティック AC 19
Price: ¥ 3,300 for 4.0 g
@cosme rating: 4.9
Release date: 22.8.2008



23 is a shimmery orange beige. It is the perfect nude on my lips As much as I love the colour, I couldn't help but to notice that the formula is slightly on the dry side. And please don't let my swatch scare you, my lips look so muuuuuch better in person.


Name: Sonia Rykiel ソニア リキエル Lipstick リップスティック AC 23
Price: ¥ 3,300 for 4.0 g
@cosme rating: 4.9
Release date: 22.8.2008



Texture: They wear very well and most importantly they feel comfortable on. They are pretty long lasting if you don't eat or drink, but I'm sure every lipstick out there has this characteristic haha!

These Sonia Rykiel lipsticks are an absolute pleasure to use as well as easily being one of the most beautiful lipsticks that I have in hand Any lipsticks that you favour? Please let me know in the comment section!

0 comments :